- The Puma Night Run 2017 Singapore (referred to herein as the “Race”) is organized by Puma SEA Trading Pte Ltd (“Organizer”) in accordance with these Rules & Regulations (“R&Rs”) and Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) that is applicable to the Participants. This is set out in www.puma-nightrun.com.sg (“Official Website”).
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organizer shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, they will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the Participants’ agreement to abide by the relevant R&Rs of Puma Night Run 2017 Singapore. These R&Rs apply at the material time and to all any ruling of the Organizer.
- The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Organizer may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organizer shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organizer has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organizer may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- The Organizer will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- Participant(s) are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for Participant(s) who do not eventually take part in the event, for any reasons whatsoever.
- All participant(s) are to strictly adhere to the age limitations imposed on each category. The age of a participant will be taken as of race day.
- Participants below 18 years of age are required to seek parental/guardian consent before signing up for the race. The participant is required to fill up the Parent/Guardian Consent and Indemnity Agreement in the online registration form, failing which the Organizer reserves the right to refuse the entry of the participant.
- The Participant(s) is deemed to have given written permission to the Organizer for the Organizer to collect, analyze and collate any personal information relating to that Participant(s), as the Organizer may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation information for the Organizer’s programme, planning, data-processing, statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or, any other purposes.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the event, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
Assumption of Risk and Responsibility
- The Participant hereby acknowledges that the Participant is voluntarily participating in the Event. The Participant will be personally responsible for the Participant’s own safety during any Event and assumes all risks and accepts full and complete responsibility for any and all damages and personal injury of any kind, including death resulting directly or indirectly therefrom.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, resulting from injury, whether fatal or otherwise, of any participants or for damages to or loss of such person’s property.
Race Entry Packs
- All Participants must collect their Race Entry Pack which includes the Race Bib, Timing Device, Event Running Tee, Race Handbook and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participant(s)’ inability to collect their Race Entry Packs. The Organizer may extend the collection time at the Organizer’s discretion and on a good-will basis only. For avoidance of doubt, the Organizer is not obliged to extend the collection time or to ensure that the Participant(s) receive their Race Entry Packs. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant(s) to collect their Race Entry Packs during the Collection Period. Entry packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed as unwanted, and the Organizer shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- Right to cancel and amend routes
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the event at any time without prior notice to the Participant(s), in which case they will make effort to inform the Participant(s) prior to the date of the event. If the event has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organizer reserves the right to amend the event race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant(s). In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant(s) prior to the date of the event. The Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- Closure of roads and Cut-Off Time
- The race route will be closed to traffic for the duration of the race for up to two hours, from the first flag off at 1900hrs. After which, beyond the two-hour cut off mark, the roads will be re-opened to live traffic. More details will be available on the Official Website, E-and newsletters.
- For Participant(s) who are unlikely to finish the race within two hours, race officials will divert Participant(s), at designated points along the race route to a shorter race route towards the finish line. Finishers’ medals (only applicable for Competitive categories) and official finish timings will still be issued to the afore-mentioned Participant(s), however they will NOT be issued their finisher’s certificates as they will be deemed disqualified. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in live traffic, Participant(s) must obey instructions given otherwise they will be pulled from the race course immediately.
- Restriction on vehicles along the race routes
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- Participants’ Bib
- The form on the reverse side of the Participants’ Bib must be fully and accurately completed. Participant(s) must attach the assigned Bib on the front of his/her running attire. Competitive Participant(s) not wearing a Bib will be taken off the race route by security officers.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizer to ensure the Participants’ safety, Participant(s) take part in the event at their own risk and the Organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the event. Participant(s) are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- Retirement from Race
- Participant(s) must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Race Director, Referee and/or Security Officer.
- Adherence to flag-off timings
- Participant(s), who commence before the actual start time of the race will be disqualified. The start time for the race can be found on the Official Website.
- Participant(s) who do not start within 20 minutes from respective flag off will be disqualified and for safety reason, may not be allowed to start.
- Winners and Prizes
- Each Participant is allowed only one prize-money award. A winning Participant may elect to receive an award in another prize category to which he/she is entitled to, which might offer a higher prize-money. Notwithstanding the Participant’s election, his/her finishing positions in each of the relevant prize categories do not change.
- Winners will be disqualified from the race if he/she does not satisfy the age, nationality and/or gender requirements for the category they have registered in.
- The Organizers reserve the right to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
- All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from the event date will be forfeited and the Organizer will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose them accordingly.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by the Organizer. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by the Organizer
- Disputes over results
- For prize winners or possible prize winners, appeals over disputes must be made on-site in person, in a written format and an appeal fee of SGD 50, within 30 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
- The Organizer reserves the rights to replace any winners if he/she is found to be disqualified.
- For all other Participant(s), appeals over disputes regarding the results must be submitted in a written format and an appeal fee of SGD 50, including electronic mail within 7 days of the event date. The Organizer reserves the right not to entertain any appeals after 7 days of the event date.
- Finisher’s Medial and e-Certificate
- All competitive participant(s) who successfully complete the race in the chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher’s medal upon the presentation of their Bib to the respective officials.
- All Finisher’s Medals are to be collected on the race day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their chosen race category can request for an e-Certificate of Participation. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the two (2) hour cut-off mark, are disqualified or do not complete the race. The availability of the e-Certificate will only be until 3 months after the event date.